This training seminar will help you understand and be able to implement recognised Best Practice tools and techniques which is aimed at maximising both business and people performance.
- Understanding how business process improvement and quality techniques can support business strategy and achievement of strategic goals
- The role of process and quality improvement in performance management systems
- Understanding Lean and where the tools and techniques can be applied
- The importance of teamwork to ensure benefits are maximised and maintained
- How to apply corrective actions within the 5S Model?
- Understanding TPM and OEE
- Using the Six Step Approach to Problem Solving
- Using Statistical Process Control to improve and sustain the Quality of a process
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define processes and their importance for the proper functioning of an organization
- Identify the international standards for approaches to processes
- Examine various process assessment methodologies
- Generate process analysis charts and construct process maps for improvement
- Justify the need to measure processes as an improvement tool
Individuals involved in improvement projects, processes identification, work design, productivity improvement or quality auditing initiatives.
The training seminar will combine presentations with facilitated discussions, interactive practical exercises, small-group activities and practical written and video case studies. A key element in this process is to learn from each other’s ideas, so all contributions are valuable. We will utilise real case studies to show how we have applied in a “real world” environment. The training seminar format is designed to build on the previous session by utilising the learning points gained in a logical step by step approach.
This interactive training course includes the following training methodologies as a percentage of the total tuition hours:
- 30% Lectures, Concepts, Role Play
- 30% Workshops & Work Presentations, Techniques
- 20% Based on Case Studies & Practical Exercises
- 20% Videos, Software & General Discussions
- Pre and Post Test
- DAY 1 Process definitions and elements
- Process definition
- Process approach to improvement
- Advantages of process mapping
- Elements of a process
- Benefits of process maps
- Attributes of a process map:
- Who is the customer?
- What is critical to their satisfaction?
- Where can we obtain process performance data?
- How well do our processes satisfy their needs?
- What is our business value chain?
- What is process efficiency and effectiveness?
- Stakeholders analysis
- Understanding process approach as per international quality standards
- Understanding process approach
- Process characteristics
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) approach
- Opportunities in terms of reducing cycle time and defects
- Non value added explained
- DAY 2 Process assessments approaches
- Key terms
- Mapping process
- Types of mapping tools
- Simple flow charting
- Geo graphs, spaghetti and workflow diagrams
- Swim lane (deployment) flowcharts
- Supplier, Input, Process, Output, Customer charts (SIPOC)
- Value added and non value added analysis
- Value stream maps
- Cycle time map
- DAY 3 Process hierarchy
- Process maps symbols
- 'IDEF0' process map
- Lean thinking to reduce waste in processes
- The eight types of waste found in processes
- 5S: a framework to organize and maintain your workplace
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- DAY 4 Process analysis and improvement
- Customer oriented processes
- Support oriented processes
- Management processes
- Diagnosis of a process
- Analyzing and improving a process
- Turtle diagram
- Using process maps to identify root causes
- Twelve cornerstone tools to process streamlining
- Problem solving techniques
- Process auditing as a tool for continuous improvement
- Process mapping in Six Sigma projects
- DAY 5 Process measurement and benchmarking
- The need to measure
- Process Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Benchmarking and the balanced scorecard
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to those who attend & successfully complete the programme.
08:30 – 10:15 First Session
10:15 – 10:30 Coffee Break
10:30 – 12:15 Second Session
12:15 – 12:30 Coffee Break
12:30 – 14:00 Third Session
14:00 – 15:00 Lunch
The Fee for the seminar, including instruction materials, documentation, lunch, coffee/tea breaks & snack is:
- Last updated on .