This course is designed for those looking for an understanding of governmental accounting, financial reporting, and budgeting, and their differences from private-sector financial activities. Learn about the unique aspects of accounting and reporting for the federal government as well as state and local governments.
- Understand governmental accounting standards, financial reporting practices, and budgeting approaches
- Apply the standards, practices, and approaches by the federal, state, and local governments
- Understand financial statements issued by federal, state, and local governments
- Influences, Concepts of Financial Reporting and Standards-setting
- Cost Accounting
- General Principles of Governmental Accounting
- State and Local Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Federal Accounting and Financial Reporting
Facilitated by experienced chemical specialists, this course will be conducted as a highly interactive work session, encouraging participants to share their own experiences and apply the programme material to real-life situations. Case studies from different industries will be investigated. Each delegate will receive an extensive reference manual, as well as case studies, while worked out solutions will be handed out to the delegates on conclusion of group discussions.
To ensure the concepts introduced during the course are understood, they will be reinforced through a mix of learning methods, including lecture style presentation, open discussion, case studies, simulations and group work.
This interactive training course includes the following training methodologies as a percentage of the total
30% Lectures, Concepts, Role Play
30% Workshops & Work Presentations, Techniques
20% Based on Case Studies & Practical Exercises
20% Videos, Software & General Discussions
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to those who attend & successfully complete the programme.
08:30 – 10:15 First Session
10:15 – 10:30 Coffee Break
10:30 – 12:15 Second Session
12:15 – 12:30 Coffee Break
12:30 – 14:00 Third Session
14:00 – 15:00 Lunch
The Fee for the seminar, including instruction materials, documentation, lunch, coffee/tea breaks & snack is: