What do the great teams do that the others fail to do? How do team leaders build their teams to be great and ensure that their teams are collaborative, self-reliant, motivated and productive?
This highly-interactive training seminar will help you understand how teams can achieve much more than either the team leader or the team members dreamt possible.
It will help team leaders and supervisors learn skills and techniques that enable them to feel more in control of their team while at the same time applying techniques that helps team members release their talents, energy and potential.
The seminar will examine the latest ways to motivate and manage teams for improved productivity and morale and help turn average team leaders into one’s that others in the organisation will aspire to join.
This seminar will highlight:
- Understanding your own style, work habits and motivations and how these influence your ability to get the best from leading and working with the team
- Building team purpose, culture and expected behavioural norms
- Building an energised team that respects strengths, differences and work-style preferences
- Developing a culture of team communication, feedback and early conflict resolution
- Taking the team to new possibilities via creativity and collaborative working techniques
By the end of this seminar, you will have learned to:
- Identify individual work styles differences and how to use them to develop your team
- Apply the modern principles of time and activity management and manage self and team by them
- Draw-up a comprehensive Team Purpose Analysis and objective set for the team’s foundation
- Use creative techniques to push the boundaries of team problem-solving and decision-making
- Apply modern motivation techniques to get the best out of team members
- Use communication techniques that help minimise “noise in the team system”
- Influence team members to embrace change and use it as a powerful, positive force
Participants in this seminar will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the Tutor using a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Seminar methodology includes video presentations, case studies, participative discussions, experiential activities, self and team assessment diagnostics and scenario building forums.
This interactive training course includes the following training methodologies as a percentage of the total tuition hours:
- 30% Lectures, Concepts, Role Play
- 30% Workshops & Work Presentations, Techniques
- 20% Based on Case Studies & Practical Exercises
- 20% Videos, Software & General Discussions
- Pre and Post Test
Your organisation will benefit from team managers and supervisors who return with a knowledge of how to build and develop teams that fulfill their potential and improve their motivation and productivity. They will be able to:
- Build a productive culture that acts as a role model for other teams in the organisation
- Work more efficiently and effectively by identifying real priorities and challenging activity that does not add value
- Recognise team issues and deal with them swiftly before they affect the rest of the team
- Identify star performers in teams and nurture them for the future benefit of the organisation
- Apply techniques of motivation and structured feedback to help turn around under-performing team members
The seminar will give participants the confidence, energy and skills to build and develop high performing teams
Seminars participants will:
- Be able to use knowledge of their own work style to improve their relationships with team members and get the best from them
- Improve their ability to control inter-personal situations and outcomes that previously gave them cause for anxiety and stress
- Gain increased respect from their team members as they seek to help them fulfill their potential
- Manage their teams to improved productivity with less personal effort
- Be able to take on secondary teams as their ability to manage their core team with less personal effort grows
- Transfer the skills learned in the seminar to managing people outside their team such as suppliers and customers
- Enhance their career prospects by leading successful high-performing teams that catch the attention of organisational leaders
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The seminar is valuable for all people who manage teams – experienced, new or prospective.
This seminar is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Team leaders
- Team managers
- Team supervisors
- Project team managers
- Office managers