The world is packed with information; and most organizations struggle to recognize what information they have, why they need it, how long they need it for, and if it has any value. Furthermore, changes in law, such as the recent changes in the UAE employment law, often call for tighter controls on contract documentation, and lead to a need for enhanced management of human resource and contract records. In addition, electronic information is under threat from cyber-attack and personal information is at risk of exposure. As such, the development and implementation of a records management program that includes document control methods to identify, secure and protect critical information, is necessary for every organization.
This course conveys practical methods for identifying and developing the systems of records management and document control that an organization needs. By the end, each participant will have a plan of action as well as the necessary skills to assist with the development and implementation of an appropriate program for managing their organization’s documents, records and information.
- To understand the proper interpretation of Document Control System suitable to your Quality, Environmental or Occupational Safety & Health Management System
- To be able to develop an Effective and Efficient Document Control System to the company’s size, culture, complexity and needs.
- Be able to classify files to meet company objectives.
- Maintain proper files control to keep track of files
- Recommend and advice the company on proper filing equipment
- Formulate filing policies on retention and file transfer.
Who should attend this course
This course is designed for individuals who manage, or who are involved with, any aspect of document control and records management. This includes records and information managers, in-house counsel, privacy officers, information security and protection managers, litigation and discovery staff, compliance officers, internal auditors, IT and enterprise content management professionals, and administrative managers.
This course is highly interactive and utilizes methodology including group discussions, case studies, videos, participant presentations and problem solving scenarios.
DAY 1 INTRODUCTION
- Course Objective
- Course Content
DAY 2 UNDERSTANDING THE REQUIREMENTS OF EFFECTIVE DOCUMENT CONTROL SYSTEM
- Document Control Clause for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Definition of Documents & Records
- Difference between Documents & Records
- Documents needed ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001
- Effective Document Control Methods
DAY 3 IMPLEMENTING EFFECTIVE DOCUMENT CONTROL SYSTEM
- Master list for Documents
- Document Numbering System
- Accessing Documents
- Updating Documents
- Distribution of Documents
- Control of Obsolete Documents
DAY 4 EFFECTIVE DOCUMENT CONTROL SYSTEM TO PREVENT NON-CONFORMITIES
- Preventing Non-conformities issued against ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
DAY 5 EFFECTIVE RECORD MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to Filing & Records Management
- Files classification methods
- File retention
- Techniques of file control
- How to manage active and inactive files
- How to choose proper filing equipment
- Transfer of files
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to those who attend & successfully complete the programme.
08:30 – 10:15 First Session
10:15 – 10:30 Coffee Break
10:30 – 12:15 Second Session
12:15 – 12:30 Coffee Break
12:30 – 14:00 Third Session
14:00 – 15:00 Lunch
This interactive training course includes the following training methodologies as a percentage of the total tuition hours:
- 30% Lectures, Concepts, Role Play
- 30% Workshops & Work Presentations, Techniques
- 20% Based on Case Studies & Practical Exercises
- 20% Videos, Software & General Discussions
- Pre and Post Test
The Fee for the seminar, including instruction materials, documentation, lunch, coffee/tea breaks & snack is: