The requirement of on-time delivery each and every time is critical to businesses. Late deliveries will have considerable impact on the buying company’s performance. Expediting has a pivotal role in undertaking or coordinating a range of activities if the deliveries are to be on time. Effective Expediting is therefore directly linked to the overall success of the company’s complete supply process.
In this EuroMaTech training course the importance of Effective Expediting is emphasised and techniques are provided to monitor, control and improve supplier on-time delivery. These include methods to apply pressure to suppliers to ensure they fulfil their obligations. Attendees will leave motivated and confident to positively manage delivery and other crucial aspects of supplier performance.
- Expedite and co-ordinate a range of projects
- Understand Effective Expediting and the use of tools and techniques
- Understand the overall procurement and supply process
- Evaluate the nature and frequency of expediting vs a purchase order
- Understand the difference between activity and progress
- Create effective communications with many groups during the delivery period
- Apply expediting skills, knowledge and understanding against a model profile
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Expeditors working in company offices – and those that visit suppliers’ premises during the delivery period
- Staff in end-user departments – to understand the difficulties of getting on-time deliveries
- Staff in logistics roles – to see ways their activities interface with effective expediting
- Newly engaged Procurement and Supply staff – to understand the ‘post-order’ activities as part of their Induction programme
The Effective Expediting training course will utilise a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes facilitated group and individual exercises, case studies, role-play, videos. The instructor will also facilitate learning by encouraging the delegates to test and critically appraise any theories and concepts on the training training course.
The EuroMaTech training course will feature an overview of the total procurement process, factors influencing the type and frequency of expediting to be applied to a purchase order, typical activities and deliverables that need to be expedited during delivery of order, developing a pro-active role for “desk” expeditors, selection and mobilization of ‘field/works’ expeditors, assessing progress – ‘will the delivery be on time’.
Day 1 - Overview of the Total Procurement Process
- What is the role of Procurement and Purchasing?
- Understand the types and frequency of expediting for purchase orders
- Evaluate the activities and deliverables expedited during delivery of an order
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Supplier Positioning
Day 2 - Developing a Pro-Active Role for Desk Expeditors
- Understanding Critical Activity
- Record keeping and reporting
- Personality, Persistence & Persuasion
- Effective expeditor
- Getting the Right Attitude of Mind
- Developing Personal Skills
Day 3 - Evaluating Transportation for Effective Expediting
- The Role of Transportation in Logistics
- International Commercial Terms in transportation and the liabilities
- Customs documentation and management
- Hazardous materials, Health & Safety and
- Emergency Management
Day 4 - Vendor Rating/Performance Measurement
- Quantitative and Qualitative Methods
- What Should We Measure?
- Performance Weighting
- Vendor Rating Models
- Contractual Performance Levels
- Performance Improvement
Day 5 - Legal Aspects of Expediting
- Common Law and Legislation
- How the Law Impacts on Purchasing
- Formation of Contract
- Sale of Goods
- Penalty Clauses, Liquidated Damages
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to those who attend & successfully complete the programme.
08:30 – 10:15 First Session
10:15 – 10:30 Coffee Break
10:30 – 12:15 Second Session
12:15 – 12:30 Coffee Break
12:30 – 14:00 Third Session
14:00 – 15:00 Lunch
The Fee for the seminar, including instruction materials, documentation, lunch, coffee/tea breaks & snack is: