A perfect workshop for existing and aspiring project managers, our Introduction to Microsoft Project 2016: Getting Started will help participants get hands on familiarity with Project 2016. Learn from experts about handling the interface and how to start a new plan, build, organize, and link task, assign resources, create basic reports, and create projects independently. The 2016 version of MS Project comes with a host of improvements and innovations that make it an even more productive tool in enhancing the user’s abilities to manage projects. This boot camp like session is a perfect way to master project management best practices while also learning the ropes of leveraging this tool for project success.
Our workshop follows an experiential learning format wherein participants will have the opportunity to try first-hand the applications of MS Project 2016, explore the tool and clear their doubts from our certified instructors. Our detailed yet crisp courseware is designed to give you maximum recap of all that you learned in the workshop.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a Course Completion Certificate from KnowledgeHut with Credits (1 credit per hour of training).
- How to effectively use the Microsoft Project App within Microsoft Office 365
- How to successfully plan and design your projects within Microsoft Project
- Best practices in using Microsoft Project
Who should attend
- Basic project management knowledge and skills
- Basic knowledge and skills using any current Windows®operating system (preferably Windows 10)
- Competency in using other Microsoft® Office®applications (preferably Office 2016)
This training course will use MS Project 2016 extensively with real life example projects. Delegates will be guided through the drag and drop options of Project 2016 including how to customise and format different views, tables and fields.
Delegates will be able to practice Project 2016 in their own projects, simulating a real life project environment. Delegates will also have an opportunity on how to interpret various outputs, information and reports from Project 2016.
Delegates will be given an exposure on how to report and analyse gaps, schedule/resources conflict and critical paths from multiple coordinated projects (in a program). The training course is highly practical and uses very hands-on approach.
Participants need to bring their own Non-Apple laptops to upload the software for usage during the programme
The Managing Projects with MS Project 2016 training course will surely enrich delegates experience in planning and scheduling with Project 2016. It will offer delegates an organised and systematic approach when managing projects under various resources, stakeholders’ demands, time (duration) and cost constraints. There is an increasing expectation for Project Professionals to be highly savvy and competent in Planning and Scheduling. Knowledge and skills gained from this training course is immediately transferable to delegates’ day to day job.
Day 1 - Navigating Project with MS Project 2016
- What has changed in Project 2016 (Comparing with Project 2013)
- Aligning Project life cycle, phases, process groups with Project 2016
- Planning and Scheduling facilitator, tools, techniques, benefit and value
- Project strategic and operational enabler drive thru
- Seamless coordination and real project progress measurement tool
- Managing stakeholders expectations, visible and effective reporting tool
Day 2 - Understanding and Customising with MS Project 2016 Engine
- How to start and move, manual and automatic scheduling
- Advanced and critical options and settings, field customisation
- Managing and optimising work calendars
- Task and Resource views
- How to use filters, highlights, tables, sorts and groups
- Entering datasets in real time real project
Day 3 - Develop and Construct an effective WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
- WBS levels, interfaces and work package management
- Task and activities sequencing, arrangement and logic
- WBS data based on phases, activities, process groups, constraints, end dates and milestones
- Activities and Task dependencies management
- Critical Path identification, control, monitoring and management
- How to rationalise and interpret reports, outputs and information from MS Project 2016
Day 4 - Resources, Time and Cost Allocation and Optimisation
- Resources, Time (Duration) and Cost Estimation Methods
- Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT)
- Resources Usage analysis
- Resources Levelling and Resources Smoothing
- Resources, Timea (Duration) and Cost Allocation
- Portfolio Management approach when setting up complex and critical Resources pool
Day 5 - Baseline Schedule Management, Control and Monitoring
- Baseline Schedule integrity and compliance
- Real time tracking, status update, target versus actual
- Variance analysis, performance measurement, control and monitoring
- Recovery and Corrective Action integration
- Earned Value analysis, reporting and management
- Baseline Schedule KPIs for Project Success
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to those who attend & successfully complete the programme.
08:30 – 10:15 First Session
10:15 – 10:30 Coffee Break
10:30 – 12:15 Second Session
12:15 – 12:30 Coffee Break
12:30 – 14:00 Third Session
14:00 – 15:00 Lunch
The Fee for the seminar, including instruction materials, documentation, lunch, coffee/tea breaks & snack is: