The contract is at the core of all commercial transactions and contracts management is a core competency of all successful organisations. The very best organisations in the world understand the benefits of increased profits and higher productivity resulting from mastering best practices in the important phases of contract management.
This seminar provides both strategic and practical insights into:
- Price and Cost analysis
- Managing risk through contract types
- Critical source selection
- Contract administration and claims disputes
Participants attending the program will gain from:
- Developing negotiation skill sets to achieve the organisation’s objectives
- Discussing important aspects of price and cost analysis
- Analyzing the various pricing models used in preparing proposals
- Differentiating contract types and how they transfer risk
- Explaining how to deal with volatile materials pricing
- Evaluating Performance-Based Service Contracting Methods
Participants will increase their knowledge base and skill sets through a variety of instructional methods including presentations by a world class professional experienced practitioner and consultant who has “been there-done that”, individual and group exercises, reviewing published articles, checklists, and group discussions covering current practices and their relationship to the implementation of new concepts.
Attendees are encouraged to present problems for discussion on a confidential basis, and to share their experience of particular issues in their company or industry. A supportive comprehensive course manual, in both printed and electronic form, enabling practical application and reinforcement is provided. Time will be allowed for general discussions, and for one-to-one discussion with the senior professional consultant.
The organization will benefit by:
- Significantly improved outcomes in commercial transactions.
- Advanced trained contract personnel leading and guiding the contracting process.
- Continuous improvement in customer service.
- Superior productivity of personnel involved in contract activities.
- Ensure that contracting is a high value added process.
- Improvements in the performance of contractors.
Attendees will gain by participation in this program through:
- Mastering skills in managing contract activities
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Greater ability to develop professionally.
- Increased job satisfaction.
- Receiving increased recognition by their organization leading toward advancement
- Superior confidence in leading, planning, and managing the entire contract process.
Who Should Attend
- Contracts, Contract Administration Professionals
- Tendering, Purchasing, Project Management Professionals
- Engineering, Operational, Finance, and Maintenance Professionals
- And all others who are involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation and management of tenders, specifications, awards, and contracts that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services and who are in organizations whose leadership want high levels of competency in those involved in these activities.