Transforming Patient Experience: Delivering Care that meets Patient Needs & Preferences
Whether they are in a large hospital or a small clinic – and regardless of whether it is a public or a private institution – patients today have high expectations. For too long, however, health care providers have considered patients’ satisfaction with their experience of care as something ‘nice to have’ rather than what it truly is: a fundamental outcome of high-quality healthcare.
This intensive and interactive two-day course will enable you to understand what patient experience is and how it can be accurately measured and observed. Most importantly, it will show you how to initiate and lead a patient experience improvement project as well as practical tools and techniques for delivering real change. It will equip participants to begin patient experience improvement projects from the moment they complete the course and enable them and their organisations to deliver more compassionate, consumer-centred care.
The primary objective of Transforming Patient Experience training course is to enhance the healthcare professionals’ skills and knowledge. Attendance will:
- Increase the awareness and skills of the healthcare patient-focused professionals who are passionate to the patients
- Establish and sustain effective internal and external relationships strategies
- Build a coaching culture that supports exceptional patient-care experience
- Identify the differences in patients’ values, preferences and expressed needs
Who Should Attend?
The Transforming Patient Experience training course is ideal for healthcare professionals involved in hospital operations and engaged in the patient care, especially:
- Healthcare Team Leaders
- Department Heads
- Patient Support Services Team
- Operations Team
- Quality Officers
- Head Nurses & Patient Safety Officer
Transforming Patient Experience training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in this unique training course by providing their patients’ needs.
In order to have a modern competitive hospital, you will need to adapt the concept of “Patient-Focus” to enhance your hospital efficiency and reputation. By the end of this EuroMaTech training course on Transforming Patient Experience, participants will be able to know what is meant by “Excellence” in transforming the patient experience in healthcare facility.
- The 4 Groups of Customers
- Types of customers
- The 7 Customer Behaviours
- Researches Findings
- A Complaint Is a Gift
- How to lose your customers?
- Communication skills with customers
- Emotional Intelligence
- Establishing Focus
- Fostering Teamwork
- Managing Change
- Balanced decision making
- Understanding motivation use
- Problem and situation analysis
- Effective Communication
- Body Language
- Sandwich Technique
Healthcare Quality Orientation
- Indicators for Customer Satisfaction
- Cost and Benefits of Quality
- The Continuous Improvement Process
- Sustainable development of Quality
- PDSA Cycle
- Obstacles to achieving Quality
- Negotiation Styles
- Win-Win Negotiation
- 4 Key Concepts in Negotiation
- BATNA, WAP & ZOPA
- Barriers to Agreement
- Skills of Effective Negotiators
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to those who attend & successfully complete the programme.
08:30 – 10:15 First Session
10:15 – 10:30 Coffee Break
10:30 – 12:15 Second Session
12:15 – 12:30 Coffee Break
12:30 – 14:00 Third Session
14:00 – 15:00 Lunch
The Fee for the seminar, including instruction materials, documentation, lunch, coffee/tea breaks & snack is: